Contáctenos:

ogd@visitbolivia.org

(591-2) 211-7133

Español English

AMBORO NATIONAL PARK

The national park and natural area of integrated management Amboró (NP-IMNA), is located in the western part of the city of Santa Cruz, in the sub-Andean belt of the Eastern range of the Andes. It is limited from the north to the south by the two roads that unite Cochabamba and Santa Cruz. The Protected Area is located in four provinces: Manuel María Caballero, Florida, Andrés Ibañez and Ichilo, and nine municipalities have territorial jurisdiction over the Natural Area of Integrated Management Amboró: Torno, Samaipata, Mairana, Pampa Grande, Comarapa, Buena Vista, Porongo, San Carlos and Yapacaní.

The precipitation in Amboró NP-IMNA ranges from 400 to 4000 mm annually depending on the site. The valleys in the south of the Park have rainfall of 450 mm annually. On the other hand, in the north the average is 1500 mm. The rainy season is between the months of October to April, being the rainiest months from December to February, with a maximum in the month of January. This lapse of time concentrates around 75% of the total annual rainfall, and determines the optimal period for vegetation growth. The dry season, which occurs between May and August, concentrates the rest (approximately 25%) of precipitation, with a minimum in July.

About the weather, its distribution is similar to the time, with high values in the months from November to March (35 ° C) and low temperatures between the months from June to August (10 ° C). The lowest average temperatures take place in July, in the middle of winter, while the highest temperatures are in December and January, frequently focus on January; however, the maximum temperature occurs in October or November, when the cloudiness is less intense than in summer when maximum precipitation occurs.

It estimates that Amboró NP-IMNA could count between 4,000 to 5,000 species of plants, however, because practically no studies carried out inside the protected area, there are about 3000 species.

Regarding the diversity of fauna, 289 species of daytime butterflies were registered in the invertebrate group, making Amboró NP-IMNA , which until now is the most diverse in the country, it is also estimated that there is a high diversity of beetles, Bees orchids, horseflies, spiders, scorpions, myriapods, among others.

In relation to fish, there are at least 150 species of fish, most of them Rivers. Among the most common species are the shad (Prochilodus labeo), the Surubí (Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum) and pacu (Piaractus brachypomus).

Regarding the herpetofauna, the park has the greatest wealth of a protected area of the country, with 127 known reptile species that correspond to 50% of species known to the country (216 species). Among the species that stand out are the Cayman animal (Caiman yacare) and the boa (Boa constrictor). Amphibians include 97 species and many unidentified forms, probably with a high degree of endemism. Up to now, 802 species of birds we know in Amboró Park, it represent 60% of those registered in the country and make the park the most diverse protected area on the planet documented so far. Among the species survivors are forelock kettle of stone (Pauxi unicornis), the military parrot (Ara militaris), the Parrot with Red Front (Ara rubrogenys), the Harpy Eagle (Harpia harpyja) and other endemic or endangered bird species. Those are such as Simoxenops Striatus, Myrmotherula grisea, Rupicola peruviana, Myiopsitta monachus, Ciccaba albitarsus, Coeligena coeligena, Andigena cucullata, Thamnophilus ruficapillus, Atlapetes fulviceps, Aglaeactis pamela, Schizoeaca harterti, Grallaria erythrotis, Hemitriccus spodiops and Poospiza garleppi.

Finally, there finds the group of mammals, with 136 documented species. The best-represented groups are bats, rodents, carnivores, marsupials and primates. The mammals that stand out most are jucumari or spectacled bear (Tremarctos ornatus), jaguar (Panthera onca), bear anteater (Myrmecophaga tridactyla), among others.

SOCIOS

Transturin
Turisbus Operador Turístico
Grupo Rosario - Hoteleria y Turismo
Hidalgo Tours
Facebook
Google+
E-mail

Av. Arce Edif. Santa Isabel, Bloque C Mezanine 2, Of. 4 - La Paz. Bolivia